The chart below shows returns across asset classes in 2015. Key conclusions:
– The turbulence in high yield was really not a big deal when compared with the performance of other risky assets, including equities
– US stocks down 1% and stocks in core Europe up 7%
– EM equities at the extremes, with Brazil down 13% and Russia up 23%
– USD EM corporate bond returns down modestly
– The best performer in fixed income was…US and European government bonds
For more discussion of the outlook for credit in 2016 see also here.
Source: Torsten Slok, Ph.D., Deutsche Bank Research
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.